About Tamang Heritage and Langtang Valley Trek
Tamang Heritage and Langtang Valley trek is best combination to explore the untouched and discovered tamang culture and lifestyles in Langtang Region. Tamang Heritage combine with Langtang Valley trek in the Langtang Region offers an off the beaten track experience, things to see an ancient lifestyle combining it with scenic view and healing baths in natural hot springs (Tatopani). This exceptional area is thrilling, culturally rich and traditionally fascinating close to Tibetan border, the local Tamang people are some of the warmest, sincere and most welcoming people in Nepal.
We start our trek from kathmandu, overland road trip north towards the Tibetan borderlands and enjoy a relatively gentle circuit trek through charming villages, terraced fields, and peaceful valleys. Along the route, we enjoy panoramic mountain views of the nearby peaks and soak in the natural hot springs at Tatopani. Continuing north towards Tibet we soak up the heritage and appreciate a local fort, monastery and exquisite local architecture of the Tamang homes. As we near the end of the trek we enjoy a home stay experience in Briddim and have a full day to relax and discover more about the local traditions of this wonderful region.we will experience welcoming and culturally rich Tamang people and their religious practices, language and dress are very similar to those of Tibet than to traditions of their cousins in the middle hills. The area is famous for its pleasant local, unique tradition, Buddhist monasteries and monuments along the way and spectacular mountain view
Langtang valley trail follows the river upstream through forest of pine, bamboo and rhododendron, uphill through pastures to arrive at the alpine meadows of Kyanjin Gompa where you will get exceptional mountain view just a stone’s throw from the Tibetan Boarder. Once above Langtang village and the monastery at Kyangjin, Langtang are inhabited by people of Tibetan descent whereas the villagers of Dhunche, Bharkhu and Syabru further down are home to the Tamangs of Nepal´s middle hills as well as we can explore the high valley of Kyamjin Ri and Chhirku Ri.
The forest around Ghode Tabela in the below Langtang Valley and lower the Gosainkund Lakes are inhabited by the very shy red panda, a rare and endangered symbol of a healthy Himalayan ecosystem. Other animals, common to these forests are yellow throated martens, wild boar, Himalayan black bear, Ghoral (Mountain Goat), grey langur monkey and leopard. Trekking Plus offer you tailor-made itinerary and Local Experts from loca area to have full knowledge of region, culture, tradition and life style.
Highlights of Tamang Heritage and Langtang Valley Trek
- Experience a culture of Nepal’s Tibetan-influenced hill tribes in Langtang.
- Experience a local homestay to learn more about the Tamang people and their way of life
- Enjoy spectacular views of Ganesh Himal, the Langtang Himalayas, and the Gosainkund range
- Experience the mixed Tibetain lifestyles and local Tamang culture
- Visit a Yak cheese factory at Kyanzin Gumpa
- See the local hand-woven handicrafts
- Day 01: Kathmandu to Syabrubesi Syabrubesi (1470m) approx 7 hours drive.
- Day 02: Trek from Syabrubesi to Gatlang (2238m). Walking approx. 5 hours.
- Day 03: Trek from Gatlang to Tatopani (2607m). Walking approx. 6 hours.
- Day 04: Trek from Tatopani to Thuman (2338m) via Nagthali. Walking approx. 8 hours
- Day 05: Trek from Thuman to Sherpa Gaun (2563m) via Bridim. walking approx 6-7 hours.
- Day 06: Trek to Langtang (3430m). walking approx. 7 hours
- Day 07: Langtang - Kyanjin Gompa (3870m) about 3 - 4 hours
- Day 08: Rest and explore around Kyanjin Gumpa
- Day 09: Trek back from Kyanjin Gompa to Lama Hotel (2324m). walking approx. 5-6 hours.
- Day 10: Trek back from Lama hotel to Syabrubesi (1400m). walking approx. 6 hours.
- Day 11: Drive back to Kathmandu
- Transportation to and from Syabrubensi.
- Trekking Plus Expert government registered English speaking.
- An assistant guide if the group size above 6 people and Porters to carry your luggage (weight limit max 25kg , 1 porter between 2 trekkers).
- All meals (Breakfast, lunch and dinner with tea/ coffee and fresh fruits )during the trek.
- Mountain Lodge accommodation during the trek o twin sharing basis.
- Langtang National Park entrance fees and TIMS Card.
- Food, accommodation, salary and insurance of your guide and porters.
- Group first aid kit and water purifier.
- All local goverment tax and vat.
What's not included
- Nepal visa fee, international air ticket
- All expenses while you are in kathmandu such as accommodation, Meals, transfer (we can arrange as per your request too )
- Guided tours and sightneeing in Kathmandu( It can be arrange on request).
- Bar bills (bottle of water, other beverages such as coke, fanta etc )
- Your travel Travel Insurance ( should cover helicopter rescue if incase of emergency ).
- Hot shower and hot water, laundry, internet, toiletries and phone calls.
- Rescue assistace in case of emergency .
- Gratitude and tips for your guide, porter and driver.
- All extra services if required (except motioned in 'The Price Include' section)
Trekking Plus serves you verities of wonderful Nepalese and Continental food during our trek. We will get western cuisine up in the mountain but which is not that free and good. We serve you local local cuisines for breakfast, lunch & dinner which is included in our package cost. Trekking Plus guide will suggest you a delicious, hygienic with special food during your trip. Normally it takes few days’ hard work to local porters and caravans to bring food to mountains. We usually have breakfast and dinner at the same Lodge where we stay overnight but lunch will be serve en route.
Accommodation in mountain will be in a tea house or mountain local lodges which is basic standard. We will get private room but shared bathroom most of the tea house but this days we get room with attached bathroom as well on lower altitude. In high altitudes, rooms are comparatively basic. Blankets are generally provided but we will recommend you to have your own sleeping bags. There is a large dining room where they use a wood fire burning so that the dining room is warmer. There is normally no electric most of the villages has hydroelectric power and a solar lighting. When we charge our electronic things than we have to charge at reception which we have to pay as well.
We will get mineral water and boiled water along the trekking routes which is also an additional cost. We discourage not to buy Mineral bottle water but use boiled water from the local lodges and put water purify tablets. Plastic bottles are difficult to dispose off and have become an environmental problem in mountains.
Trekking Plus offers you a Trekking maps as a complementary and Company T-shirt.
What to take
Trekking Plus would suggest you to pack as lightly as possible when you are on mountain. We provide one porter between two trekkers to carry your trekking gears. You will be carried your valuable things in a day pack by your own and your other bags will be carried by the porter in a duffel bag which we provided. Porter carries about 25 KG from 2 trekkers. You can store you’re your luggage which you are not going to use it on trek can leave in Kathmandu Hotel which is free of cost. Please visit our FAQS for more details.
Important to note
Please visit our Equipments check list, Altitude Mountain Sickness section for additional details of what you need to bring on trek as well as prevent about AMS. Trekking Plus top priority is the safety and security of our customers and staff during all of our trips.
Safety Our top priority is the safety and security of our customers and staff during all of our trips. Trekking Plus field crews normal first aid kits on all of our tours, which is readily available for both customers and staff but we will recommend you to bring first aid kits yourself from your country because Nepalese medicine some time it does not work properly. We are constantly in communication with our field office and monitor all aspects of government and weather issues that might affect your trip. Also, we are always available 24 hours emergency contact.