Champadevi day hiking is a magnificent high hill located to the south of Kathmandu valley, an elevation of 2,285mbest for the short enjoyable hike to observe the kathmmandu valley and beautiful himalayas range to the north ( Manasule Himalayas Range, Ganesh Himal , Langtang, Gaurishanker and Even Mt. Everest in a clear day)
Champadevi Day Hiking starts with one hour drive to the village of Pharping (19 km) on the way to Dakshinkali temple (a temple of goddess Kali). Leaving the Pharping village, the trial directs us the way through the pine forest lead the trail to on the top. Enjoy the superb view of central and western Himalayan range including Langtang, Gauri Shanker, Jugal, Dorge Lakpa and many other. Apart from that you get the chance to admire the bustling Kathmandu valley and its dense settlement.The bird eye view of the valley, the Bagmati River, monkey temple, Patan durbar square, Bungamati and Khokana can be pointed from the route.
After 1:00hr hike, you will arrive at a small tiny Bosan village (Pass). The houses are traditional and old type with cultural Tamang people. You will be passing through a small Gumpa and prayer flags around. After walking about 1:30 hr you will see wider range of the view. Once you arrive to the top, there is small shrine where Hindu and Buddhist people visit in different time of the year. The local people from Kirtipur and Kathmandu visit this hill and Champadevi temple in Nepalese New Year. This is a pure nature hiking with fresh air and cultural people on the way. The mountain views from Champadevi hill is much wider and beautiful compared to Nagarkot. Once you arrive to the top, we can enjoy the view, have some pack lunch, and then we will hike down to Kritipur where our car will be waiting back to our hotel.
Hotel Pick Up
- We will reconfirm the pick up time in advance. Pick-up from Hotel after breakfast, please be at the hotel lobby 10 minutes before the scheduled pickup time
- Scenic drive to Hatiban, Pharping via Balkhu which is about 1 hrs drive from kathmandu.
- Hike to Champadevi by enjoying the scenic views of mountains and valley.
Rest for a few minutes in the Champa Devi temple. (3-4hrs)
- Return back the same way which is about 2-3hrs or we can hike back from alternative way to Machhegaun and short drive to Kritipur and short tour. (2-3hrs).
- We will arrange a transportation as per the group size.
- No refunds will be provided of unforseen cases of natural factors which is not under control from us.
- Don't forget to bring a camera and dress warmly, day pack for hiking, comfortable hiking boot, snacks etc
Terms and Conditions
- Full refunds will be issued for cancelations made at least 24 hours prior to the activity
Highlights of Champadevi Day Hiking
- Bird eye view of Kathmandu valley
- Pure nature walk
- Visit Tibetan Monastery and temple in Champadevi
- Beautiful landscape and mountain Views,