Poon hill sunrise trek is short but awesome trek to see the Annapurna Himalayas range in the wide angle of 360 degree. The trek is suitable for those who do not have much time to spend but has a wish to see the beautiful mountain view and amazing sunrise over himalayas can do this trek.
Poon Hill Sunrise Trek is the short and perfect trekking in Annapuran Reion. It is consider as a easy trekking in Annapuran where we not climb not higher than 3210 m, the views from Poon Hill, and other high ridges along this circular route, will create unforgettable memories of this fascinating region. This trek route is suitable for all age groups avid trekkers.
Poon Hill Sunrise trekking, passes through ancient bird-filled forests of rhododendron, oak, maple and pine as you climb to the prosperous village of Ghorepani. From here, an early morning climb to the summit of Poon Hill offers breathtaking views of some of Nepal’s highest and most dramatic peaks, including three of the world’s 14,8000 m peaks: Dhaulagiri, Annapurna 1 and Manaslu. The ridges between Ghorepani and Ghandruk offer yet more views of the high peaks in addition to your experience of the green middle hills and terraced farmlands. The trail from Ghandruk back to Nayapul and your bus to Kathmandu follows the rushing Modi Khola that carries glacial waters from the Annapurna Base Camp to the Ganges.
Food and Accommodation
- Teahouse accommodation during the Poonhill Sunrise Trek
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner is served at tea house during the Poonhill Sunrise Trek
- 1 nights accommodation in Kathmandu on Bed and Breakfast Basis
- 4 nights accommodation during Poonhill Sunrise Trek.
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu
Best Time for Trekking to Poonhill Sunrise Trek
Autumn season is considered as the best season for trekking in Poonhill Sunrise Trek. The weather could be unpredictable at the higher altitudes but, every season has its own beauty and uniqueness.
Spring (March - May) and Autumn (September - November) are the most popular seasons, but we offer this trek throughout the year. All you need is a good pair of boots, a day pack, warm clothing, sleeping bag and camera. Spring season is highly recommended because we will be enjoying the entire rhododendron forest will be in full bloom covering the whole mountainside.
Difficulty Level of Poonhill Sunrise Trek - easy
Poonhill Sunrise Trek is not considered to be a easy and short trek in Nepal as well as family trekking in Annapurna Regon. This trek is considered to be a moderate trek. Like Everest Base Camp Trek it is also demanding and the beautiful trek but with a bit of patience, Ghorepani Poonhill Trek is very enjoyable and achievable.
Trekking and hiking through the mountain mean that there may be the adventure waiting for you at every step of your walk. Poonhill Sunrise Trek is also a very short and easy hiking.
Highlights of Poonhill Sunrise Trek
- Explore around the world’s biggest rhododendron forest.
- Carry easy and short hike into the Annapurna region.
- Witness majestic panorama from the Himalayan vantage-point ‘Pooh Hill’.
- Discover local culture and traditions and observe daily lives in the high Himalayan settlements.
- Explore varieties of flora & fauna.
- Amazing sunrise and mountain view from Poonhill