Namobuddha Monastery is a buddhist shrines which is build up in this lovely little hill. It is significantly a very ancient holy site where a legendary prince named Mahasattva offered him to starving Tigress with its several underfed cubs. This legendary episode is depicted in a very nice stone slab and place right next to a holy stupa.
We start our journey from kathmandu, 38 kms east of Kathmandu. We take private transport from kathmandu to Dhulikhel and hike to Namobuddha which is about 2 hours walk. During our hike we pass through many small village to huge rice field which gives you a chance to see how Nepali people plant and harvest the crop (during appropriate season). Luch will be served in Namobuddha and regulate our journey to Panauty where our transport will be waiting us. Finally, we take Transportation back to kathmandu from Panauti.
Dhulikhel Namobuddha day hike outside of the crowded city of kathmandu on same day. We finish our day hiking at Namobuddha and take an hour and a half drive back to Kathmandu to end the day hiking in Kathmandu. Thus Dhulikhel Namobuddha day hike is a superb and short day hike close to kathmandu.
Hotel Pick Up
- We will reconfirm the pick up time in advance. Pick-up from Hotel after breakfast, please be at the hotel lobby 10 minutes before the scheduled pickup time
- About 2 hrs drive to Namobuddha which is about 42 km from kathmandu
- We will do sightseeing around Namobuddha and have lunch there with monks.
- After Lunch we will be strolling around for sometime and hike to Panauti. It is one of the preserve heritatge sites in valley.
- Drive back to kathmandu from Panauti village and drop off at hotel
- We will arrange a transportation as per the group size.
- No refunds will be provided of unforseen cases of natural factors which is not under control from us.
- Don't forget to bring a camera and dress warmly, day pack for hiking, comfortable hiking boot, snacks etc
Terms and Conditions
- Full refunds will be issued for cancelations made at least 24 hours prior to the activity
Highlights of Namobuddha Day Hiking
- Enjoy Magnificent himalayas view from Namobuddha
- Experience the Buddhist culture by visiting Namobuddha monastery
- Hiking starting at Dhulikhel and ends at Panauti
- Enjoy walking through various villages and beautiful terrace landscape
- Visit Panauti, a oldest Newari village nearby Kathmandu valley