Experience the best Everest Helicopter Tour in Nepal and witness the world's highest peaks including Mount Everest, in a spectacular aerial tour of the Himalayas."
If you want to experience the breathtaking beauty of Mount Everest and the Himalayas in Nepal, then the Everest Helicopter Tours could be perfect for you. An Everest helicopter tour is an incredible way to experience the majesty of the world's highest peak without having to endure a strenuous trek. This thrilling adventure typically takes around 3-4 hours and allows passengers to get up close and personal with the Himalayan mountain range.
The tour begins with a scenic flight from Kathmandu to Lukla, a small town in the Everest region. From there, you will board a helicopter and soar over stunning valleys, lush forests, and picturesque villages en route to the base of Mount Everest. As the helicopter approaches the mountain, passengers will be treated to an unparalleled view of the world's highest peak, standing at an awe-inspiring 8,848 meters tall. The helicopter will fly close to the mountain, providing an incredible vantage point of the rugged terrain, icy glaciers, and towering peaks. Along the way, you will also get a chance to see other notable peaks in the region, such as Lhotse, Nuptse, and Ama Dablam. Your knowledgeable guide will point out these landmarks and provide information about the region's geography, culture, and history.
What to expect from your tour ?
- The tour starts from Kathmandu and takes you to the beautiful Sherpa village of Lukla, flying east from Kathmandu airport.
- After refueling in Lukla, the helicopter takes off towards the Everest Base Camp/Kalapathar.
- During the flight, you'll get to see amazing views of Tengboche, Dingboche, Gorakshep, and Khumbu glacier before reaching the base camp of Mount Everest and landing on Kalapather.
- You'll have about 10-15 minutes to spend at Kalapathar due to the high altitude. However, it will be an experience of a lifetime!
- On the way back, you'll stop at Syangboche (Hotel Everest view) for about 30 minutes to have breakfast and enjoy the panoramic views of the mountains, including Mt. Everest.
- Finally, the helicopter will fly back to Lukla for refueling and then to Kathmandu, marking the end of your unforgettable Everest Base Camp Tour by helicopter.
It's important to note that the helicopter can carry a maximum of 5 passengers and 1 captain, weighing up to 500kg in total. So, if you have 4-5 people, the weight will need to be split into two shuttle flights from Pheriche or Everest View Hotel, with an average weight limit of 250kg per flight.
Best Season for Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour
Everest Helicopter Tour can be visited all months of the year except the monsoon season.
Monsoon season (June, July to end of August ), Its wet and rainy with clouds blocking the views and making Helicopter flight least possible to land and take off.
Spring season ( march, april and may ), warm weather but during the morning and late afternoon can be little cooler where morning are clear for the good views of mountain.
Autumn season (september,october, november ) will be clear with fine weather but can be much colder during morning and afternoon time as well in shady areas.
Winter season (december to mid february), mostly clear during the day, but the days are short with sunlight. January and February mid of winter, morning and late afternoon can be cold of less than -10° to -15° celsius with maximum of 10° to 15° Celsius in sunny days and afternoon.
Cost Details from Kathmandu
1 person 4999 USD per person
2 people 2555 USD per person
3 people 1700 USD per person
4 people 1499 USD per person
5 people 1200 USD per person
Highlights of Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour
- Best Helicopter flight in the world over Himalayas
- Thrilling helicopter tour to Everest Base camp.
- Himalayas for Brekfast - Helicopter Land and stop for breakfast in Everest View Hotel
- Short Landing in Kalapatter to see Everest and other high mountains and feel the altitude at 5545 M
- Great views of famous peaks incliding Mt Everest (8848m), Mt. Lhotse (8516m),Mt Cho-oyu(8201),Mt.Pumori(7161m),Nuptse(7855), Mt Abadablam(6812) and many other peaks., stunning landscapes, icefalls and glaciers.