Island Peak Climbing is one of the most popular and challenging two weeks of the tea house and Camping Trekking Peak in Everest region. There are very few peaks climbing in Nepal that combines so many landscape and cultural diversities and bring you to summit at elevation of 6189m.
Island Peak (6189 m) Climbing is physically challenging. notable vistas with spectacular trekking route change amazingly around geographical different. We stay at local tea houses which permit us to get in-depth knowledge of local culture and their lifestyle. Sherpa and Rai ethinic group are the major inhabitant of the region; who are well-known for their bravery in Nepal and world climber commanded.
A short flight takes us to the beginning point at Luka gateway of the Everest. Walking through the delightful vegetation of pine and rhododendron we climb up to the Dudh Koshi and Bhote Koshi valley which carries ice meltwater from the Himalaya. As we get to the higher altitude, the tree line gives way to overshadow vegetation and building and farming change properly.
As we get closer to Island peak climbing gallery, you will observe the dramatic change in landscape and Himalayas comes fully into view. After 6 hrs climb to island peak summit from the base camp, provide the surrounding massive view of high mountain wall and white blue ice and hard rock hang more than 6000m above. From the summit of Island peak, the huge mountains, we can get splendid panorama of enormous mountains - Nuptse (7,879meter), Lhotse (8,501meter), Lhotse Middle Peak (8,410meter) and Lhotse Shar (8,383meter) which designs a semicircle in the north and the marvellous views of Makalu (8475meter), Baruntse (7129m) in the east and well known expedition mountain of Ama Dablam (6812meter) in the south - a never to be forgotten peak climbing journey to Island peak real experience of Himalayas.
Food and Accommodation
We can get any kind of meal from the menu whatever you want Nepali, Indian, European, etc. but we recommend you organic local Nepali foods with Veg. We provide selected mountain lodge during the trek and peak climbing will be tent camp. kathmandu hotel will be on standard hotel basis inclusive of breakfast.
Equipment Check Lists
- Down Jacket, Climbing shoes, 4 pair shocks, win proof Jacket, Win proof trekking pant, inner trousers, hat, Trekking shoes, Warm T-shirts, Sleeping bag(-40), sunglass, sun cream. For complete equipment check lists please click here Trekking Equipment Lists.
Climbing Equipment Check Lists
- Harness, Jhumar, 2 carabineers, Beale device, ice-ax, crampon, snow bar, Ice crew, fixed rope, man rope etc. For complete equipment check list please click here Climbing Equipment Check Lists.
- Kathmandu to Lukla flight by domestic airliens. Airport pick up and drop by private car as per group size.
How hard is Island Peak Climbing?
- Island Peak climbing is categorized as moderate level and can be completed by all the peoples with great desire and stable health. The previous climbing experience will add confidence and makes your trip easier.
What is the best time of Island Peak Climbing?
- Island peak climbing is best in spring and autumn season. During the peak seasons the temperature is moderate and the views are awe-inspiring over a clear sky.
How high is Island Peak?
- Island peak is the 68th-highest peak in Nepal 6,189 m in Khumbu region.
Highlights of Island Peak Climbing
- Hike to Everest Base Camp in Nepal
- Panoramic view from Kalapatthar aka Everest viewpoint
- Summit Island Peak at 6,189 m
- Experience Island peak summit which is one of the most popular trekking peak
- Amazing views of Imja Lake, a small glacial lake at the base of Island Peak summit
- Experience climbing below 6500 M in the Himalayas