About Gosaikunda Helambhu Trekking
Gosainkund Helambu Trekking offers spectacular views of the high Himalaya that stretch for a distance of 150km. we can see the snow covered giant of Langtang Lirung (7227m), and more distant Shisha Pangma (8046m) in Tibet and Ganesh Himal in the northwest. Bamboo, rhododendron and pine forests abound and host a wide variety of bird life and animals including shy red pandas. Displays of flowers are at their best during the summer season, although epiphytic orchards and other flowers bloom at different times. Lauribinayak a fabulous view point offer tremendous view of sunset, sunrise and 360 degree view of high mountains. The holy Gosainkund lakes, waterfalls and turbulent rivers add to the enjoyment of this Langtang Gosaikunda trek.
We start our trek from kathmandu with bus ride over the middle hill ridges to the important Trisuli Nadi, and then follows it upstream to Dhunche; the start of the trek. On the up-route we visit a traditional cheese factory: the produce manufactured by hand. The second afternoon, at Shin Gompa, offers your first full views of the towering, snow-covered Ganesh Himal (7600m) and the Langtang Himal. we reach the beautiful and holy Gosainkund Lakes, revered by both Buddhists and Hindus. Beyond the Laurebina La (4610m), the altitude gradually drops as you descend through terraced rice paddies and several villages with splendid monasteries. Good boots, warm/waterproof clothing, a good sleeping bag, day pack camera sunscreen and hat are essential items. Our Gosaikund Helambu trekking package includes transport, local porters, meals, tea house accommodation, drinking water and showers. Additional beverages and snacks will be exlcudes.
Food and Accommodation During Gosaikunda Helambhu Trekking
There are many tea houses and lodges available during the Gosaikunda Helambhu Trekking. Accommodaiton will be basic mountain lodge on twin-sharing basis. You have to share the toilets as well in many tea houses en route. However, Kathmandu accommodation will be standard hotel basis with bed and breakfast basis.
Breakfast will be served at kathmandu hotel and for lunch and dinner will be excluded but you can have good food around thamel like Yala Cafe. During the trekking, we serve you fresh local food such as Dal Bhat and seasonal vegetables, momo, noddles soup. we will get pizza, fried rice, tea, coffee, and soup on their menu. Just pick your right and fresh food in himalaya.
Best Time for Gosaikunda Helambhu Trekking
Autumn (September, October, and November) and Spring (March, April and May) are the most popular seasons for trekking to Gosaikunda Helambhu. During this two major season we can see beautiful landscapes, low precipitation, smaller wind speed which is chill weather, and clear views of the mountains. Winter (December, January, February) and summers (June, July, and August) have their own advantages but its low season for trekking to Gosaikunda Helambhu.
Gosaikunda Helambhu Trekking difficulty
Gosaikunda Helambhu Trekking is moderately trekking in Nepal. You can complete the Langtang valley trek quite easily. The low altitude gains in this trek and the short trekking time makes this trek a moderately difficult trek in langtang region.The altitude you will gain in Langtang Valley Trek is also quite low compare to other high altitude trekking in Nepal as well as the trekking trails are also safe and easy to trek.
Each day we will be walking for about 5-6 hours and duragion of this trek is 8 day kathmandu to kathmandu. The trek starts an altitude of 1326 meters from kathmandu and takes you to the highest altitude of 3870 meters in Kyanjin Gompa. During the optional hike, you can also hike to to Kyanjin Ri (4350 meters) view point.
As this trek is moderately level, you don’t have to do worry about more prepration for a long period of time some soft training or preprationor a few months of preparation makes it really easy to complete the trek.
Highlights of Gosaikunda Helambhu Trekking
- Adventure trekking in Langtang with amazing views of Mountain and Gosaikunda Lake.
- Explore rural Tamang villages, monasteries and their immense ancient culture.
- Clear view of snow capped mountains such as Ganesh-Langtang to Jugal Himal range.
- Discover the holy Gosainkund glacier and pond ( Lake) scenic Laurabina pass.
- Laurebinayak Pass at an altitude of 4620m.
- amazing views of Langtang ri, Ganesh Himal, Lang sisa.Ascent Chorkari ri (5050m)
- crossing the Lauribinayak pass 4610m.
- Tranquil holy Gosainkunda Lake, Luribina La pass, Tharepati La pass, different community with majority of Tamang, Sherpa, Gurung people.
- Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu (1,300m/4,264 ft)
- Day 02: Kathmandu valley sightseeing and trek preparation (1,300m/4,264 ft)
- Day 03: Kathmandu – Dhunche (1,950m /6,435ft) 7-8 hrs. drive
- Day 04: Dhunche to Shin Gompa (3,330 m /10,925 ft.) 4-5 hrs
- Day 05: Shin Gompa- Laurebina Yak (3,950m /13,035ft) 3-4 hrs
- Day 06: Trek to Gosainkund Lake (4,380m /14,454ft) 3-4 hrs
- Day 07: Trek from Gosainkund Lake to Gopte (3440m /11,286ft) 7-8 hrs
- Day 08: Gopte- Tharepati (3,640m /12,012ft) 2-3 hrs
- Day 09: Tharepati to Kutumsang (2,450 m /8,085ft) 4- 5 hrs
- Day 10: Trek from Kutumsang to Chisopani (2,160m /7,125ft) takes -about 6 hours.
- Day 11: Trek to Sundarijal, Short drive to Kathmandu (1,300m /4,264ft) 4-5 hrs trek, 1 hr. drive
- Day 12: Final Departure from Nepal.
- Private transportation service from Kathmandu to Dhunche and pick up from Sundarjali to Kathmandu.
- One night accommodation on standard hotel basis in kathmandu.
- Local accommodatio and all meals Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner during trek.
- Government License holder Trekking Plus experienced and qualified trekking guide and porter to carry your luggage (1 porter between 2 trekkers).
- All expenses of guides and porters such as ( meals, insurance, salary, lodging, transportation and other necessary equipment).
- Langtang National Park entry permit fee and Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) card.
- Seasonal fresh fruits every day during the trek and chocolate bars on high passes.
- Assistance in arranging rescue operation in case of complicated health condition (funded by travel insurance)
- Company's T-shirt and trekking Maps.
- All government, Local taxes and official Expenses
- Farewell Dinner at the end of the trek
What's not included
- International Flight.
- Extra accomodation and all meals Breakfast,Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu due to early arrival or late departure, early return from the trek.
- Personal expense such as snacks, boil water, hot and cold drinks, hot shower, Alcohol, Wi-Fi, telephone call, battery re-charge fee), extra porters etc
- Personal trekking equipments
- Travel insurance which has to cover emergency high-altitude rescue and evacuation compulsory.
- Tips for guide and porters (Tipping is expected)
- Additional costs or delays caused by out of management control, for example, landslide, weather condition, itinerary modification due to safety concerns, illness, change of government policies, strikes etc.
- All the costs and expenses which are not listed in "cost includes" section will be all excluded.
I have visited Nepal six times. This is my second visit with my three sons.The first, Annapurna Circuit.Both treks were organised by Durga who I found through Viator.What can I…
The Trekking Group
For this trek, there will be one leader, 1 assistant leader (6 trekkers:1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters for carrying luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter). This arrangement ensures that should anybody in the group is sick, the trip can still go ahead as planned. Our experience has led us to believe that a maximum of 10people is an optimum number to fully enjoy a trip. However, if a traveler is interested in larger groups then that can be arranged too.
We will be deluxe accommodated in Kathmandu and Mountain Local Lodge during the trek. All accommodations are on twin-shared basis. Single supplement will be served on request and will cost an additional USD 150. Trekking Plus will arrange rooms with attached washrooms if possible in mountain however, teahouses in some places only have shared washing and toilet facilities during the trek.
During our trek, we can enjoy authentic Nepalese food as well the more common international cuisine (Tibetan, Continental, Italian, Indian, etc.). Breakfast and dinner will be served from the teahouse or from a lodge menu where we spend the night whereas lunch will be served on the way to the next destination. All meals will be provided during trekking while only breakfast will be available in Kathmandu. There will also be welcome and farewell dinners for guests.
Leader(S) & Staff Arrangements
The most significant thing that makes this trek, enjoyable and memorable is the skilled, experienced, courteous and helpful leader(s) and the crew members with the ability of operating our days on the mountain smoothly. Our trip will be led by the best and most professional leaders. Mount Trails leaders are carefully selected on the basis of their appropriate experience, leadership skills and personal aptitude. With an objective of sustaining local communities, Mount Trails only employs local staff who have adequate knowledge about culture, ecosystem, flora, fauna, geography, and history of their local region(s). The trek and expedition leaders have undergone the following trainings:
Intensive Wilderness First Aid
Trekking Guide Training
Rock climbing, Ice Climbing and Mountaineering (for expedition leaders)
Care about our field crews.
Trekking Plus is firmly committed to porter rights. We make sure that all our porters are well treated and well paid. Further, Trekking Plus provides the level of shelter, clothing and footwear that these harsh environments demand. Porters who become sick are treated with the same care and attention as other team members. We have previously used helicopters at company's expense to rescue porters from dangerous situations. And for the porter's sake, all trekkers keep their luggage bag weight under 20 KG.
Langtang region is stunningly beautiful, but equally fragile. Future generations have just as much of a right to appreciate it as much as we do. Therefore, we believe that the tourism industry has an obligation to protect and preserve it. Trekking Plus employs a 'zero impact' policy on the natural environment and the traditional communities that live there. Trekking Plus, therefore, enforces a number of do's and don'ts. Please talk to your trek leader to avoid environmental impacts.
It is a condition upon joining any of Trekking Plus trips that all clients be insured for comprehensive expenses that might incur due to medical issues or accidents (this should includes helicopter rescue, and treatment costs). Please note that we don't arrange or sell insurance but we are happy to assist you if incase of emergency.
This trek’s itinerary is planned with a high degree of awareness of AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness). Going up at higher altitudes too fast causes a medical condition serious enough to result in death. The higher the altitude, the less oxygen will be in the air. For example, at an altitude above of 5000 m, there is 50% less oxygen than at sea level. Therefore, our body needs many days to adapt to an environment with less oxygen. During this trip, we take rest in Namche Bazaar which will help us acclimatize to the high altitude.
Physical Condition & Experience Requirements
Gosaikunda Helambhu Trekking is an easy trek suitable for passionate walkers who have the ability to walk for around 4-5 hours a day with a light day-pack. Exercising and jogging regularly for a few weeks prior to the trip is good idea to enhance strength and stability. Past hiking experience would be an asset but no technical skill is required for this trip. Participants with pre-existing medical conditions such as heart, lung, and blood diseases should inform Mount Trails before the trip start. We also recommend that you consult your doctor(s) before the trip.
Best Time To Travel
Spring (March to May) and Autumn (September to November) are the best months for this trip. Although this trip can be taken during winter, the cold temperature might not be suitable for everyone.