About Tamang Heritage Trail Trekking
Tamang Heritage Trail Trekking is a recently opened area, west of the Langtang Valley. This trek let you to interact with these people of Tibetan origin along the tekking. Mountain Lodge or homes and experience at first hand the warmth and spirit of the Tamang culture; their Buddhist beliefs and their handicrafts. Your hosts, farmers supplying produce, cultural entertainers and handicraft sales all benefit; with some money going into social funds. One distinct advantage is that Tamang heritage trek Nepal is still “off the beaten track” which is also know as non touristic trekking trail. Tamang heritage trail trekking winds over ridges trekking through farmlands, marshy grasslands, subtropical forests and highlands that offer magnificent views of snow covered peaks. The forests are home to Langur monkeys, bears, pandas and countless birds.
Tamang Heritage Trail Trakking begins with a 132km north from kathmandu, about 8-10 hour bus ride. Exciting road trip to get syabrubensi. We cross the Dhotre Khola, before turning north up the Trisuli Nadi to Syabru Besi (Lower Syabru): the starting point of the trek. This is an interesting village at the confluence of the Bhote Kosi and Langtang Kola, below which it becomes the Trisuli Nadi. The first day’s trail upwards, to a ridge and a walk to the view point of the day Rongba Bhanjyang and another 45 min. easy walk to Lunch. And then on up to Gatlang; the largest Tamang village in the Langtang Region. The second day offers relaxation in the community hot springs at Tatopani and the third day leads to tranquil and satisfying views of the High Himalaya from the Nagthali Ghyang ridge before descending to Thuman. Staying in a family home at Briddim, complete with dinner and a demonstration of traditional dances and local handicrafts are the features of Tamang heritage trail route.
Highlights of Tamang Heritage Trail Trekking
- Newly opened and untouched beauty in the Langtang region.
- Non touristic and less crowded trekking trail in langtang region
- Remarkable views of the snow mountains
- Experience Tamang culture and lifestayles during your trek . Ancient Buddhist monasteries
- Rare wildlife animals and birds at the Langtang National Park
- Warm hospitality of the Tamang people at Local house or lodges.
- Day 01: Drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubeshi by private transportation
- Day 02: Trek from Syabrubesi to Gatlang via Goljung
- Day 03: Trek from Gatlang to Tatopani
- Day 04: Trek from Tatopani to Thuman via Nagthali
- Day 05: Trek from Thuman to Timure
- Day 06: Trek from Timure to Briddim
- Day 07: Trek from Briddim to Syabrubesi 1467m.) walking distance about 3 Hours
- Day 08: Drive from Syabrubesi to Kathmandu by private transportation
- Day 09: Final departure or join another tour / trekking
- Private transportation service from Kathmandu-Syabrubesi - Kathmandu.
- One night accommodation on standard hotel basis in kathmandu.
- Local accommodatio and all meals Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner during trek.
- Government License holder Trekking Plus experienced and qualified trekking guide and porter to carry your luggage (1 porter between 2 trekkers).
- All expenses of guides and porters such as ( meals, insurance, salary, lodging, transportation and other necessary equipment).
- Langtang National Park entry permit fee and Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) card.
- Seasonal fresh fruits every day during the trek and chocolate bars on high passes.
- Assistance in arranging rescue operation in case of complicated health condition (funded by travel insurance)
- Company's T-shirt and trekking Maps.
- All government, Local taxes and official Expenses
- Farewell Dinner at the end of the trek
What's not included
- International Flight.
- Extra accomodation and all meals Breakfast,Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu due to early arrival or late departure, early return from the trek.
- Personal expense such as snacks, boil water, hot and cold drinks, hot shower, Alcohol, Wi-Fi, telephone call, battery re-charge fee), extra porters etc
- Personal trekking equipments
- Travel insurance which has to cover emergency high-altitude rescue and evacuation compulsory.
- Tips for guide and porters (Tipping is expected)
- Additional costs or delays caused by out of management control, for example, landslide, weather condition, itinerary modification due to safety concerns, illness, change of government policies, strikes etc.
- All the costs and expenses which are not listed in "cost includes" section will be all excluded.
Trekking Plus serves you verities of wonderful Nepalese and Continental food during our trek. We will get western cuisine up in the mountain but which is not that free and good. We serve you local local cuisines for breakfast, lunch & dinner which is included in our package cost. Trekking Plus guide will suggest you a delicious, hygienic with special food during your trip. Normally it takes few days’ hard work to local porters and caravans to bring food to mountains. We usually have breakfast and dinner at the same Lodge where we stay overnight but lunch will be serve en route.
Accommodation in mountain will be in a tea house or mountain local lodges which is basic standard. We will get private room but shared bathroom most of the tea house but this days we get room with attached bathroom as well on lower altitude. In high altitudes, rooms are comparatively basic. Blankets are generally provided but we will recommend you to have your own sleeping bags. There is a large dining room where they use a wood fire burning so that the dining room is warmer. There is normally no electric most of the villages has hydroelectric power and a solar lighting. When we charge our electronic things than we have to charge at reception which we have to pay as well.
We will get mineral water and boiled water along the trekking routes which is also an additional cost. We discourage not to buy Mineral bottle water but use boiled water from the local lodges and put water purify tablets. Plastic bottles are difficult to dispose off and have become an environmental problem in mountains.
Trekking Plus offers you a Trekking maps as a complementary and Company T-shirt.
What to take
Trekking Plus would suggest you to pack as lightly as possible when you are on mountain. We provide one porter between two trekkers to carry your trekking gears. You will be carried your valuable things in a day pack by your own and your other bags will be carried by the porter in a duffel bag which we provided. Porter carries about 25 KG from 2 trekkers. You can store you’re your luggage which you are not going to use it on trek can leave in Kathmandu Hotel which is free of cost. Please visit our FAQS for more details.
Important to note
Please visit our Equipments check list, Altitude Mountain Sickness section for additional details of what you need to bring on trek as well as prevent about AMS. Trekking Plus top priority is the safety and security of our customers and staff during all of our trips.
Safety Our top priority is the safety and security of our customers and staff during all of our trips. Trekking Plus field crews normal first aid kits on all of our tours, which is readily available for both customers and staff but we will recommend you to bring first aid kits yourself from your country because Nepalese medicine some time it does not work properly. We are constantly in communication with our field office and monitor all aspects of government and weather issues that might affect your trip. Also, we are always available 24 hours emergency contact.