About Poonhill Sunrise Trek
Poon Hill Sunrise Trek is the short and perfect trekking in Annapuran Reion. It is consider as a easy trekking in Annapuran where we not climb not higher than 3210 m, the views from Poon Hill, and other high ridges along this circular route, will create unforgettable memories of this fascinating region. This trek route is suitable for all age groups avid trekkers.
Poon Hill Sunrise trekking, passes through ancient bird-filled forests of rhododendron, oak, maple and pine as you climb to the prosperous village of Ghorepani. From here, an early morning climb to the summit of Poon Hill offers breathtaking views of some of Nepal’s highest and most dramatic peaks, including three of the world’s 14,8000 m peaks: Dhaulagiri, Annapurna 1 and Manaslu. The ridges between Ghorepani and Ghandruk offer yet more views of the high peaks in addition to your experience of the green middle hills and terraced farmlands. The trail from Ghandruk back to Nayapul and your bus to Kathmandu follows the rushing Modi Khola that carries glacial waters from the Annapurna Base Camp to the Ganges.
Food and Accommodation
- Teahouse accommodation during the Poonhill Sunrise Trek
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner is served at tea house during the Poonhill Sunrise Trek
- 1 nights accommodation in Kathmandu on Bed and Breakfast Basis
- 4 nights accommodation during Poonhill Sunrise Trek.
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu
Best Time for Trekking to Poonhill Sunrise Trek
Autumn season is considered as the best season for trekking in Poonhill Sunrise Trek. The weather could be unpredictable at the higher altitudes but, every season has its own beauty and uniqueness.
Spring (March - May) and Autumn (September - November) are the most popular seasons, but we offer this trek throughout the year. All you need is a good pair of boots, a day pack, warm clothing, sleeping bag and camera. Spring season is highly recommended because we will be enjoying the entire rhododendron forest will be in full bloom covering the whole mountainside.
Difficulty Level of Poonhill Sunrise Trek - easy
Poonhill Sunrise Trek is not considered to be a easy and short trek in Nepal as well as family trekking in Annapurna Regon. This trek is considered to be a moderate trek. Like Everest Base Camp Trek it is also demanding and the beautiful trek but with a bit of patience, Ghorepani Poonhill Trek is very enjoyable and achievable.
Trekking and hiking through the mountain mean that there may be the adventure waiting for you at every step of your walk. Poonhill Sunrise Trek is also a very short and easy hiking.
Highlights of Poonhill Sunrise Trek
- Explore around the world’s biggest rhododendron forest.
- Carry easy and short hike into the Annapurna region.
- Witness majestic panorama from the Himalayan vantage-point ‘Pooh Hill’.
- Discover local culture and traditions and observe daily lives in the high Himalayan settlements.
- Explore varieties of flora & fauna.
- Amazing sunrise and mountain view from Poonhill
- Day 01: Drive to Nayapul from Pokhara and trek to Tikhedhunga (1,495m/4 ,905ft)- Ulleri (1,950m/6,395ft)walking Distance about 5-6 hrs trek
- Day 02: Trek from Tikhedhunga or Ulleri to Ghorepani (2,850m/9,350ft) walking distance about 5-6 hrs
- Day 03: Hike to Poon hill (3 210m/10 528ft) and trek to Tadapani (2 520m/8 268ft), walking distance about 7 hrs
- Day 04: Trek to Ghandruk (1 950m/6 398ft) and continue trek to Nayapul, Drive back to Pokhara (910m/2 986ft) walking distance about 6-7 hrs walk, 1 hr drive
- Day 05: Drive back to Kathmandu
- Transport to and from trekking starting point.
- 2 night in Pokhara standard hotel basis on twin sharing basis BB
- Local lodges during the trekking on twin sharing basis
- 3 meals a day during the trekking (breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with tea or coffee )
- Annapurna Conservation Area Permits and TIMS Fees
- 1 extensively experienced and licensed trekking guide and 1 porter between two trekkers
- All daily wages, food allowance, accommodation, transfers and insurance for trekking guide and porter.
- Duffle bags for porters are provided if needed.
- All the government tax and our (Mount Trails) service charges.
- Farewell Dinner before departure.
- Our service charges.
What's not included
- Hotel in kathmandu and all meals
- Personal trekking equipments
- All personal expenses like alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks, telephone calls, laundry services etc.
- Medical and travel insurances
- Emergency helicopter rescue charges
- Tipping to Guide and Porters
- All extra services if required (except motioned in 'The Price Include' section).
Trekking Plus serves you verities of wonderful Nepalese and Continental food during our trek. We will get western cuisine up in the mountain but which is not that free and good. We serve you local local cuisines for breakfast, lunch & dinner which is included in our package cost. Trekking Plus guide will suggest you a delicious, hygienic with special food during your trip. Normally it takes few days’ hard work to local porters and caravans to bring food to mountains. We usually have breakfast and dinner at the same Lodge where we stay overnight but lunch will be serve en route.
Accommodation in mountain will be in a tea house or mountain local lodges which is basic standard. We will get private room but shared bathroom most of the tea house but this days we get room with attached bathroom as well on lower altitude. In high altitudes, rooms are comparatively basic. Blankets are generally provided but we will recommend you to have your own sleeping bags. There is a large dining room where they use a wood fire burning so that the dining room is warmer. There is normally no electric most of the villages has hydroelectric power and a solar lighting. When we charge our electronic things than we have to charge at reception which we have to pay as well.
We will get mineral water and boiled water along the trekking routes which is also an additional cost. We discourage not to buy Mineral bottle water but use boiled water from the local lodges and put water purify tablets. Plastic bottles are difficult to dispose off and have become an environmental problem in mountains.
Trekking Plus offers you a Trekking maps as a complementary and Company T-shirt.
What to take
Trekking Plus would suggest you to pack as lightly as possible when you are on mountain. We provide one porter between two trekkers to carry your trekking gears. You will be carried your valuable things in a day pack by your own and your other bags will be carried by the porter in a duffel bag which we provided. Porter carries about 25 KG from 2 trekkers. You can store you’re your luggage which you are not going to use it on trek can leave in Kathmandu Hotel which is free of cost. Please visit our FAQS for more details.
Important to note
Please visit our Equipments check list, Altitude Mountain Sickness section for additional details of what you need to bring on trek as well as prevent about AMS. Trekking Plus top priority is the safety and security of our customers and staff during all of our trips.
Safety Our top priority is the safety and security of our customers and staff during all of our trips. Trekking Plus field crews normal first aid kits on all of our tours, which is readily available for both customers and staff but we will recommend you to bring first aid kits yourself from your country because Nepalese medicine some time it does not work properly. We are constantly in communication with our field office and monitor all aspects of government and weather issues that might affect your trip. Also, we are always available 24 hours emergency contact.