We recommend you to get your tourist visa on arrival as it is very easy. To get your visa on arrival, you must have a valid passport and one passport sized photo with a light background. A visa for Nepal can be obtained on arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport kathmandu Nepal. We also get it at border entry points in Kakadvitta, Birgunj, Bhairahawa, Nepalgunj, Gaddachowki on the Nepal-India border and Kerung on the Nepal-China border side.
- To renew a Visa you can go to the Department of Immigration, Kalikasthan, Kathmandu.
- You may get your tourist visa in your home country at the nearest Nepal Embassy or Diplomatic Mission.
- A valid passport and one passport size photo with a light background.
- Visa can be obtained only through payment of cash in the following currency: Euro, Swiss Franc, Pound Sterling, US Dollar, Australian Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Hong Kong Dollar, Singapore Dollar and Japanese Yen.
- Credit card, Indian currency and Nepali currency are not accepted as payment of visa fee
Tourist Visa Details of Nepal
- Multiple entry 15 days US$ 25 or equivalent convertible currency
- Multiple entry 30 days US$ 40 or equivalent convertible currency
- Multiple entry 90 days US$ 100 or equivalent convertible currency
Gratis (Free) Visa
- For first visit in one visa year (January to December) , gratis visa for 30 days is available only for nationals of South Asian countries like Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. However, visa can be extended from the Immigration Department on payment of visa fee as specified above.
- Indian nationals do not require visa to enter into Nepal.
Nepal Visa For Chinese Nationals
As per official circular of the Embassy of Nepal in Beijing, China, Chinese nationals applying for tourist visa to Nepal are being provided “gratis tourist visa” from Jan. 5, 2016, from following Nepali missions in the People’s Republic of China.
- Embassy of Nepal, Beijing
- Consulate General of Nepal, Lhasa
- Consulate General of Nepal, Hong Kong
- Honorary Consulate of Nepal, Shanghai
Other Visa Information
Nationals from Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Cameroon, Somalia, Liberia, Ethiopia, Iraq, Palestine and Afghanistan will need to obtain visa from Nepal Embassies or Diplomatic Missions in their respective countries, as they do not get visa on arrival at the immigration entry points of Nepal.
Tourist visa extension facility
- Visa extension fee for the period of 15 days us US$ 30
- Visa extension fee for the period of more than 15 days US$ 2 per day.
- Visa can be extended for a maximum period of 150 days in a visa year (January - December) at the Department of Immigration.
No visa required for
- Children below 10 yrs.
- Any foreigner, who has stayed in Nepal up to fifteen (15) days continuously and re-enters Nepal during the same visa year.
- Indian nationals do not require a visa to enter Nepal. As per the Nepalese Immigration, Indian Nationals traveling to Nepal by air must posses any one of the following documents. Either Passport or Election Commission Card.
Do's and Don'ts
- A tourist may stay in Nepal up to 150 days in a visa year.
- A tourist must extend his/her visa before expiry of the visa validity period. A tourist who does not comply with these regulations may be liable of fine and other prosecution as provided in Immigration Act and Rules.
- A foreigner having obtained tourist visa shall not be allowed to work with or without receiving remuneration.
- A foreigner shall not be allowed to carry out any work other than that for which purpose s/he has obtained the visa.
Learn more about applying for Nepal visa