About Gokyo Chola pass Trek
Gokyo ChoLa Pass Trek is one of the most scenic and beautiful trek in Everest Region. This trek links Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Valley with high pass (Chola Pass crossing over 5417 m). It covers not only Everest Base Camp but also Lukla, Namche Bazar, Tengboche as whole Solukhumbu (Distric) and some nice peaks (like Gokyo Ri or Kala Patthar). EBC and Gokyo via Cho La Pass itinerary is one of Nepal most renowned trek as well as one of most severe in the Himalaya mountains and Sherpa country. One of the goal of this expedition is the Everest Base Camp, an elevation of 5364 meter and Kala Patthar, 5545m. When we climb Kala Patthar we can also see the southern face of Mt. Pumo Ri which is 7168m.
Gokyo Chola Pass Trek start with scenic flight from Kathmandu to Lukla and you will start your trek from Sherpa village Lukla. The trail lead you Namche Bazaar via Chaurikharka and Phadking, Monju, Banker and last village of the Jorasalle before Namche Bazaar. Everest Gokyo Chola pass trek will take through delightful settled Sherpa villages, deep valley, Himalaya River and experience world famous Sherpa culture, friendly people and their warm hospitality.
You can add other few hiking options for additional side trips in Khumbu high valley of Nepal. Your adventure package includes the crossing over Cho la pass EBC (5,416m) which is the highest pass in the Khumbu region. To cross Cho la pass you have to be mentally prepared because it needs 6 hours of energetic walk and the good physical fitness for adapting in this high altitude. Gokyo Chola pass gives you the chance to explore the Khumbu valley and around Gokyo lake. Gokyo Chola pass trekking trail extends up to Kalapathar and walk downhill Lukla via Tengboche, Namche and Phadking. During trek we spend several days moving through the homelands of the Sherpa people, and we see Buddhist monasteries and close up views of Mt. Everest and neighboring Ama Dablam (6856m), considered by many to be among the most beautiful mountains in Nepal.
Highlights of Gokyo Chola pass Trek
- Discover Mount Everest (8848m), Lhotse (8511m), Cho Oyu (8153m) & Makalu.
- Spectacular views of Mt. Everest from Gokyo Ri, a famous spot to see the amazing mountain view.
- Experience old Buddhist Tengboche monasteries, typical sherpa villages.
- Discover 5 glacial lakes in Gokyo Valley.
- Everest Base Camp and Kala Patthar (5545 meters).
- Scenic flight to and from Lukla.
- Day 01: Arrive in kathmandu
- Day 02: Fly to Lukla and trek to Phakding (2610m)
- Day 03: Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3440m)
- Day 04: Acclimatization day at Namche Bazaar (3440m)
- Day 05: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Dole (4090m)
- Day 06: Trek from Dole to Machhermo (4410m)
- Day 07: Trek from Machhermo to Gokyo (4750m)
- Day 08: Hike to Gokyo Ri (5357m) and trek to Thangna/Dragnag (4700m)
- Day 09: Trek from Thagna to Dzongla (4830m) cross Cho La Pass (5368m)
- Day 10: Trek from Dzongla to Lobuche (4910m)
- Day 11: Trek from Lobuche to Gorak Shep (5140m) and hike to Everest base camp (5364m)
- Day 12: Hike to Kala Pattar (5545m) then trek down to Dingboche (4410m)
- Day 13: Trek from Dingboche to Tengboche (3867m)
- Day 14: Trek from Tengboche to Namche Bazar
- Day 15: Namche trek to Lukla (2840m)
- Day 16: Flight back to Kathmandu (1350m)
- Airport pick up and drop off as per itienrary
- Accommodation in kathmadu on bed and breakfast basis
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner whilst on trekking ( Local hygienic food )
- Local guest house accommodations in trekking on twin sharing (bathroom outside)
- Applicable trekking fees (National park permit and TIMS).
- Trekking leader English speaking and Porters (one porter between two trekkers is provided to carry the clients personal effects)
- Domestic flight to and from Lukla including guide.
- Duffle bags for porters are provided
- Insurance for the trekking staff (insurance as per state law).
- All the government tax and our (Trekking Plus) service charges.
- Farewell dinner before departure
- All our service charges.
What's not included
- Personal trekking equipment
- Extra accommodation, meal and sightseeing in Kathmandu.
- International flights and Visa.
- Your travel insurance (for travel, cancellation, accident, health, emergency evacuation and loss of life, theft of or damage to personal effects).
- Tips and gratuities (crew frequently receives some recognition for good service)
- Costs arising from unforeseen events outside the control of Trekking Plus
- Emergency rescue evacuation if required such as personal accident insurance or Helicopter rescue.Personal expenses such as alcoholic beverages, soft drinks, mineral water, monuments entrance fees, postage, laundry, battery charge, video, camera, phone, etc.
- All other services not included in the "cost includes" section above.
Trekking Plus serves you verities of wonderful Nepalese and Continental food during our trek. We will get western cuisine up in the mountain but which is not that free and good. We serve you local local cuisines for breakfast, lunch & dinner which is included in our package cost. Trekking Plus guide will suggest you a delicious, hygienic with special food during your trip. Normally it takes few days’ hard work to local porters and caravans to bring food to mountains. We usually have breakfast and dinner at the same Lodge where we stay overnight but lunch will be serve en route.
Accommodation in mountain will be in a tea house or mountain local lodges which is basic standard. We will get private room but shared bathroom most of the tea house but this days we get room with attached bathroom as well on lower altitude. In high altitudes, rooms are comparatively basic. Blankets are generally provided but we will recommend you to have your own sleeping bags. There is a large dining room where they use a wood fire burning so that the dining room is warmer. There is normally no electric most of the villages has hydroelectric power and a solar lighting. When we charge our electronic things than we have to charge at reception which we have to pay as well.
We will get mineral water and boiled water along the trekking routes which is also an additional cost. We discourage not to buy Mineral bottle water but use boiled water from the local lodges and put water purify tablets. Plastic bottles are difficult to dispose off and have become an environmental problem in mountains.
Trekking Plus offers you a Trekking maps as a complementary and Company T-shirt.
What to take
Trekking Plus would suggest you to pack as lightly as possible when you are on mountain. We provide one porter between two trekkers to carry your trekking gears. You will be carried your valuable things in a day pack by your own and your other bags will be carried by the porter in a duffel bag which we provided. Porter carries about 25 KG from 2 trekkers. You can store you’re your luggage which you are not going to use it on trek can leave in Kathmandu Hotel which is free of cost. Please visit our FAQS for more details.
Important to note
Please visit our Equipments check list, Altitude Mountain Sickness section for additional details of what you need to bring on trek as well as prevent about AMS. Trekking Plus top priority is the safety and security of our customers and staff during all of our trips.
Safety Our top priority is the safety and security of our customers and staff during all of our trips. Trekking Plus field crews normal first aid kits on all of our tours, which is readily available for both customers and staff but we will recommend you to bring first aid kits yourself from your country because Nepalese medicine some time it does not work properly. We are constantly in communication with our field office and monitor all aspects of government and weather issues that might affect your trip. Also, we are always available 24 hours emergency contact.