About Annapurna Sanctuary Trekking
Annapurna Sanctuary Trek in Annapurna Region is one of the best and complet adventure to experience the significant mountain holiday. The unique combination of heights and depths in the Annapurna Sanctuary give rise to an astonishing diversity of ecosystems. The world´s famous Annapurna Himal 8091m, the region’s most beautiful peak Machhapuchhre (6997m), Annapurna South, Gangapurna and Hiuchuli etc can be see along the trek. we will be at elevation of over 4130 meters, and is enclosed by a ring of mountains, the Annapurna range, most of which are above 7000 meters. With the only access a narrow pass between the peaks of Hiunchuli and Machhapuchhre, from where Modi Khola River run-off glaciers drain into, the Sanctuary was not penetrated by outsiders until 1956. The Annapurna Sanctuary is now part of the Annapurna Conservation Area Project, which places restrictions on number of outside travelers, gathering of firewood, and domestic animal grazing. This program is only for guidelines so our itinerary is flexible and can be redeveloped as per your interest and time
Annapurna Sanctuary Trek probably the best in the world offers breathe stopping Mountain View, give opportunity to experience the typical Nepali village, local people and their way of living traditional life in Himalaya of Nepal. Along the route, trails passing through spectacular and tranquil landscapes, charming Gurung and Magar villages, lush green Rhododendron, bamboo and alpine forests to the trip’s last and final destination, Annapurna Base Camp at the height of 4130m (13546ft.)
Food and Accommodation
- Teahouse accommodation during the Annapurna Sanctuary Trekking.
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner is served at tea house during the Annapurna Sanctuary Trekking.
- 3 Nights accommodation in Kathmandu on Bed and Breakfast Basis
- 2 Nights accommodation in Pokhara on Bed and Breakfast Basis
- welcome or farewell dinner in Kathmandu
Best Time for Trekking to Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Autumn season is considered as the best season for trekking in Annapurna Base Sanctuary Trekking. The weather could be unpredictable at the higher altitudes but, every season has its own beauty and uniqueness.
Spring Season - March, April and May
The weather is spring seson is warmer and the forest blossoms with flowers and you can see green trees on the track. Springtime starts from the month of March and ends in May. The trekking trail will probably be crowded with a lot of trekkers at this time of the year but tt is the best time to enjoy the beautiful mountain views and landscapes.
Summer Season - June, July and August
Summer season is different in Nepal as it rains a lot and also called monsoon season. Pokhara, the starting point to Annapurna Base Camp Trek, witnesses the most rainfall in the country. You just have to be prepared and plan your trek according to the season you are trekking. The hilly regions are moist and wet at this time of the year so the trekking routes are likely to get muddy and slippery.
Since it rains a lot, there is less crowded dust when its not raining and trail are pretty slippery. We will get the best view of the green landscape. The weather is quite harsh as it is sunny in the daytime and can rain anytime.
Autumn Season - September, October and November
Autumn season is the best season to trek anywhere in Nepal including Annapurna Base Camp Trek. The weather is warm in the daytime and quite chilly in mornings and evenings. The temperature might drop below freezing point up in the higher altitudes. The best time to trek in Nepal is in the autumn season and the best month is in October and November. The trekking is busy and crowded but the view is perfect ( white mountain and blue sky)compared to summer and spring season.
Difficulty Level of Annapurna Sanctuary Trekking - Moderate
Annapurna Sanctuary Trekking is not considered to be a difficult trek but its is very adventurous trekking in Annapurna Regon. This trek is considered to be a moderate trek. Like Everest Base Camp Trek it is also demanding and the beautiful trek but with a bit of patience, Annapurna SanctuaryTrekking is very enjoyable and achievable.
Trekking and hiking through the Mountain mean that there may be the adventure waiting for you at every step of your walk. Annapurna Base Camp trek is also a very adventurous and exciting journey for the adventure travelers and hikers and the difficulties and the challenging will be added until we reach our destination
Highlights of Annapurna Sanctuary Trekking
- Discover Machhapuchhare Base Camp and Annapurna Base Camp.
- The view of the South Face and Glacier of Annapurna from Annapurna Base Camp.
- The many villages on the way, the local lifestyles.
- Impressive sunrise views from Poon Hill
- Views of the world’s highest mountains: Dhaulagiri I (7th) and Annapurna I (10th)
- Natural bath in hot springs at Jhinu
- Day 01: Drive to Pokhara from Kathmandu, drive about 7 hours.
- Day 02: Drive to Nayapul and trek to Tikhedunga 1525 m. about 3 hours of easy walk.
- Day 03: Trek to Ghorepani 2800 m. approx 5-7 hours walk.
- Day 04: Hike to PoonHill 3200 M and trek to Tadapani 2570 m. approx 6 hours walk.
- Day 05: Trek to Chomrung 2170 M. approx 5 hours walk.
- Day 06: Trek to Dovan 2630 m. approx 5 hours walk.
- Day 07: Trek to Deurali 3230 m. approx 7 hrs walk.
- Day 08: Trek to ABC (Annapurna Base Camp) Elevation 4130 m, approx walk 5-6 hrs.
- Day 09: Trek down to Bamboo or Dovan (2310m). approx 6-7 hrs walk.
- Day 10: Trek to Jhinu (1780m), approx 6-7 hrs walk.
- Day 11: Trek to Nayapul and drive to Pokhara by car.
- Regular tourist bus to Kathmandu- Pokhara- Kathmandu ( we can arrange private transport as per group size as you requested)
- Transport to and from trekking starting point.
- 2 nights in Pokhara standard hotel basis on twin sharing basis BB
- 9 nights in local lodges during the trekking on twin sharing basis
- 2 breakfast at pokhara at hotel
- 3 meals a day during the trekking (breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with tea or coffee ) for 10 nights at local lodges/restaurants as per above program
- TIMS Fees and annapurna Conservation Area Permits
- 1 extensively experienced and licensed trekking guide and Porter (1 porter between two trekkers)
- All daily wages, food allowance, accommodation, transfers and insurance for trekking guide and porter)
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available) and Duffel bag.
- Comprehensive pre-departure information and trip dossiers
- Trekking Plus Tshirt
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and all Government Taxes
What's not included
- Personal trekking gears
- Any services in Kathmandu.
- Nepal entry visa fee, you can get Nepal visa upon arrival at the Airport.
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, hot water, hot and cold showers.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, hot water , shower , snacks, beverages and bar bills, camera battery charging.
- Travel Insurance (Should include emergency evacuation coverage while trekking up to 5500+ meters).
- Tips to guide and porters.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned in Price Includes section.
Travel Insurance is mandatory for all the clients who are going to participate in our Annapurna Sanctuary Trek. We highly recommend a compressive travel insurance package to all our clients, the insurance must cover helicopter rescue and evacuation expense at Height altitude for the trekkers to Annapurna base camp, it will be assisted inadequate protection tour to cover personal injury, medical expenses, repatriation expenses, and any kind of illness will be covered. Trekking Plus kindly ask for any of our travelers to send the reliable travel insurance copy through the email once you book the trip with us. Your travel insurance must cover against personal accident, medical expenses, emergency repatriation, and personal liability.
Food and Accommodation
Breakfast, normally the breakfast serve around 7 am in the morning and walk start by 8 am, the walking will begin after the stretching and warm up before we move on every day, Our daily walk is Normally around 3-4 hours approximately but it depends on your level of physical fitness as well.
Lunch during the trek is usually held between 12-1 pm with 40-minute duration, the fresh and hygienic lunch will be typically taken from the menu which will serve as fast as possible with the cup of tea or coffee.
Dinner and lodge, Soon we arrive at our Mountain Ldoge, we might take some rest before we go to dinner and but our guide and porter will be glad to serve the cup of tea in your room while resting and we alert that for our dinner around 5-7 pm, rest of the time you may like to visit the places around or resting in the room. Basically room are basic on mountain standard. Accommodations during the trek in the mountains, basically you will be staying at basic trekking lodges where you will have a nice and clean room with the warm blankets, pillows, and comfortable matrices. Do not expect everything is the high level of standards in the mountain.
Physical Condition and Experience Requirements
Annapuran Sanctuary Trek is a normal trekking of Annapurna region, it is possible to trek with a basic level of fitness, a good training plan prior to your Annapurna Base Camp trip will make that much more enjoyable. It doesn’t require any climbing skills. We have seen many different ages of travelers are completing this trek like old, young, overweight and underweight and they all are very much appreciated about the journey, as a non-technical trek that does not require crampons, walking poles, oxygen cylinders, ropes, and technical equipment. But our company will be provided the warm down jackets and sleeping bags if you do not have your own. A normal ABC trek is accessible to most trekkers who have some genus of fitness level and decent drive with a lot of stamina to last two weeks on the cold weather in the mountain.
Extra personal expenses on trekking
All your foods are included on the package (Lunch, Breakfast, and Dinner with hot drinks), the foods will be served as per package program and besides that cost will be extra if you extend the trip more than the schedule of our package. at last but not list, we would also like to suggest that to our client to carry some snacks like energy bars, snickers, waters, chocolates, cookies and personal belonging materials like passport, battery chargers, etc.