About Annapurna Circuit Trek
Annapurna Circuit Trek is very rewarding and famous trek in Annapurna Reigon. It offers the variety of scenery of both the northern and southern Himalaya and valley views along the trails. This days raod has been linked in mountains. Many of the sections of the circuit, the trek follows the road way but we will try not to follows the road tracks so that we will be using trekking old trails if possible. Annapurna Circuit Trek is known as fully round and the best Trek in the world. Experiencing the Himalayas this trek gives you the opportunity to enjoy and view the large villages of Gurung, Magar, Thakali and Tamangs. Annapurna Circuit Trek takes about 2 weeks to start to finish depending on your time frame and interest. Round Annapurna Trek takes you up to the Marsyangdi River, and then you will cross the fantastic “Thorung-La” pass (5416m) and complete the route while descending through the Kali-Gandaki River. During the Trek, you surround the Annapurna ridge, which includes the highest peaks; among them, some are over 8000m. You will be following different valleys and canyons and also walk beside rushing streams, which pound over white granite rocks and through deep pools. The exploration of lush fields and forests to the mountains into the desert-dry Trans will be one of the different experiences you will ever receive.
We start our Annapurna Circuit Trek from kathmandu. We drive to Besishar and than Syange (760m, about 10hrs).Trek starts from Jagat (1,100 m/3,608 ft) and passes through different villages. These villages have a variety of cultural and ethnic background. The highest altitude in this trek is the Thorong La which sits at 5,416 m/17,768 ft. The highlights of this trek includes the high trail from Upper Pisang through Ghyaru and Ngawal to Braga (its ancient Gompa) with magnificent views of Annapurna II and IV. Manang (3540 m) is a village which caters well for trekkers while offering magnificent views of Gangapurna and Annapurna III. The high pass over the Thorung La (5416 m) summit offer exceptional views in all directions as well as diversity of landscape and culture.
Food and Accommodation
- Teahouse accommodation during the Annapurna Circuit Trekking in Annapurna reigon.
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner is served at tea house during during Annapurna Trekking.
- 2 Nights accommodation in Kathmandu on Bed and Breakfast Basis
- 1 Nights accommodation in Pokhara on Bed and Breakfast Basis
- welcome or farewell dinner in Kathmandu
Best Time for Trekking to Annapurna Circuit Trekking
Spring Season - March, April and May
The weather is spring seson is warmer and the forest blossoms with flowers and you can see green trees on the track. Springtime starts from the month of March and ends in May. The trekking trail will probably be crowded with a lot of trekkers at this time of the year but tt is the best time to enjoy the beautiful mountain views and landscapes.
Summer Season - June, July and August
Summer season is different in Nepal as it rains a lot and also called monsoon season. You just have to be prepared and plan your trek according to the season you are trekking. The hilly regions are moist and wet at this time of the year so the trekking routes are likely to get muddy and slippery.
Since it rains a lot, there is less crowded dust when its not raining and trail are pretty slippery. We will get the best view of the green landscape. The weather is quite harsh as it is sunny in the daytime and can rain anytime.
Autumn Season - September, October and November
Autumn season is the best season to trek anywhere in Nepal including Annapurna Circuit Trek. The weather is warm in the daytime and quite chilly in mornings and evenings. The temperature might drop below freezing point up in the higher altitudes. The best time to trek in Nepal is in the autumn season and the best month is in October and November. The trekking is busy and crowded but the view is perfect ( white mountain and blue sky)compared to summer and spring season.
Difficulty Level of Annapurna Circuit Trek - Stenuous
Annapurna Circuit Trek is not considered to be a difficult trek but its is very adventurous trekking in Annapurna Regon. This trek is considered to be a moderate trek. Like Everest Base Camp Trek it is also demanding and the beautiful trek but with a bit of patience, Annapurna Circuit Trek is very enjoyable and achievable.
Trekking and hiking through the Mountain mean that there may be the adventure waiting for you at every step of your walk. Annapurna Circuit Trek is also a very adventurous and exciting journey for the adventure travelers and hikers and the difficulties and the challenging will be added until we reach our destination.
Highlights of Annapurna Circuit Trek
- Guided sightseeing in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Experience mountain people and their life styles in the heart of Himalayas.
- Views of the world’s highest mountains: Dhaulagiri I (7th), Manaslu (8th) and Annapurna I (10th)
- Crossing the Thorong La Pass at 5,416 meters
- Dicover pilgrimage site of Muktinath
- Bath in natural hot springs at Tatopani
- Magnificent sunrise views from Poon Hill.
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu
- Day 02: Kathmandu Valley sightseeing and Prepare for the Trek
- Day 03: Drive to Besishar - Syange (760m, 10hrs)
- Day 04: Trek fro Syange to Chame (2670m, 6hrs)
- Day 05: Trek from Chame to Pisang (3200m, 7hrs)
- Day 06: Trek from Pisang to Manang (3540m, 7hrs)
- Day 07: Acclimatization day
- Day 08: Trek from Manang to Letder (4260m, 3hrs)
- Day 09: Trek from Letder to Thorong Phedi (4450m, 3hrs)
- Day 10: Trek from Thorong Phedi to Muktinath (3800m) via Thorong-La Pass (5416m, 10hrs)
- Day 11: Trek from Muktinath to Jomsom (2743m, 6 hrs)
- Day 12: Drive from Jomsom to Tatopani via Ghasa in local jeep (2590m, 6hrs)
- Day 13: Trek from Tatopani to Shikha (1935m, 4hrs)
- Day 14: Trek from Shikha to Ghorepani (1750m, 3hrs)
- Day 15: Hike to Poonhill (3190m) and trek to Nayapul - Dirve to Pokhara
- Day 16: Free Day around Pokhara.
- Day 17: Drive to Kathmandu or Fly
- Day 18: Final departure or join another tour / trekking
- Local bus to Bensisaharfrom Kathmandu (private transportation can be arranged as per your request)
- Regular tourist bus from Pokhara- Kathmandu including guide and porters
- Transport from Nayapul to Pokhara (trekking ending point).
- 2 nights standard accommodation in Kathmandu on bed and breakfast basis
- 1 night in Pokhara standard hotel on twin sharing, bed and breakfast basis
- 3 Meals per day ( Breakfast, Lunch and dinner with tea / coffee )
- local lodges accommodation during the trekking on twin sharing basis ( Bathroom outside )
- TIMS Card and Annapurna Conservation Area Permits
- 1 experienced and licensed trekking guide
- Porter to carry your bags ( 1 porter between two trekkers , porter carry max 20 KG )
- Insurance, wages and incentive for trekking staffs
- All daily wages, food allowance, accommodation, flights, transfers and insurance for trekking guide.
- All daily wages, equipment, transfers and insurance for porter
- Assistance in case of emergency (if required)
- All applicable government taxes
- Complementary Tuna and chocolate bars for high altitude passes).
What's not included
- Extra Jeep from Bensisharto Syange if needed andJomsom to Tatopaniincluding with guide and porters
- Meals ( Lunch and dinner ) while you are in pokhara and Kathmandu
- All personal expenses like alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks, telephone calls, laundry services, hot shower etc.
- Medical and travel insurances
- Emergency helicopter rescue charges
- Tips, gratuities to guide and porters etc.
- All extra services if required (except motioned in 'The Price Include' section.
My experience in the Annapurnas trekking has been very good. The guide had a knowledge of the environment and a psychologist to take the group. Thank you for your assistance…
Travel Insurance is mandatory for all the clients who are going to participate in our Annapurna Base Camp Trek. We highly recommend a compressive travel insurance package to all our clients, the insurance must cover helicopter rescue and evacuation expense at Height altitude for the trekkers to Annapurna base camp, it will be assisted inadequate protection tour to cover personal injury, medical expenses, repatriation expenses, and any kind of illness will be covered. Trekking Plus kindly ask for any of our travelers to send the reliable travel insurance copy through the email once you book the trip with us. Your travel insurance must cover against personal accident, medical expenses, emergency repatriation, and personal liability.
Food and Accommodation
Breakfast, normally the breakfast serve around 7 am in the morning and walk start by 8 am, the walking will begin after the stretching and warm up before we move on every day, Our daily walk is Normally around 3-4 hours approximately but it depends on your level of physical fitness as well.
Lunch during the trek is usually held between 12-1 pm with 40-minute duration, the fresh and hygienic lunch will be typically taken from the menu which will serve as fast as possible with the cup of tea or coffee.
Dinner and lodge , Soon we arrive at our Mountain Ldoge, we might take some rest before we go to dinner and but our guide and porter will be glad to serve the cup of tea in your room while resting and we alert that for our dinner around 5-7 pm, rest of the time you may like to visit the places around or resting in the room. Basically room are basic on mountain standard. Accommodations during the trek in the mountains, basically you will be staying at basic trekking lodges where you will have a nice and clean room with the warm blankets, pillows, and comfortable matrices. Do not expect everything is the high level of standards in the mountain.
Physical Condition and Experience Requirements
Annapuran Base Camp Trek is a normal trekking of Annapurna region, it is possible to trek with a basic level of fitness, a good training plan prior to your Annapurna Base Camp trip will make that much more enjoyable. It doesn’t require any climbing skills. We have seen many different ages of travelers are completing this trek like old, young, overweight and underweight and they all are very much appreciated about the journey, as a non-technical trek that does not require crampons, walking poles, oxygen cylinders, ropes, and technical equipment. But our company will be provided the warm down jackets and sleeping bags if you do not have your own. A normal ABC trek is accessible to most trekkers who have some genus of fitness level and decent drive with a lot of stamina to last two weeks on the cold weather in the mountain.
Extra personal expenses on trekking
All your foods are included on the package (Lunch, Breakfast, and Dinner with hot drinks), the foods will be served as per package program and besides that cost will be extra if you extend the trip more than the schedule of our package. at last but not list, we would also like to suggest that to our client to carry some snacks like energy bars, snickers, waters, chocolates, cookies and personal belonging materials like passport, battery chargers, etc.