About Annapurna Circuit Trek with Tilicho Lake
Annapurna Circuit Trek with Tilicho is one of the most popular trekking in Annapurna Region. Tilicho Lake collects the glacial melt of the full northern slopes of Annapurna and Thorong Peak, which is claimed to be the highest lake in the world. In Hindu pilgrims from around the world gathered to the lake convinced it is a holy spot mentioned in the Ramayana – a holy book of the Hindus about this lake. Lake is a lake located in the Manang district of Nepal, situated at an altitude of 4,919 metres (16,138 ft) in the Annapurna range of the Himalayas and is known as the highest lake in the world.
Annapurna Circuit Trek with Tilicho Lake takes you to the beautiful trail to the Thorong La Pass; one of the highest passes in the mountain. When you walk on the trails through the heart of the Annapurna Region, you will encounter a wide range of culturally rich and ethnically diverse villages and settlements. Experience the differences in the landscape that ranges from subtropical woodlands to dry arid landscapes when you move higher. Annapurna Circuit Trek with Tilicho Lake also allows you to visit the spiritual hub of this region, Muktinath. And also look at sights of amazing mountain peaks of Annapurna from one of the most famous vantage points in the country- Poon Hill.
Annapurna Circuit Trek with Tilicho Lake presents one of the most fascinating trekking journeys in the region. We start from kathmandu to Chame via Bensishar and the trek proceeds to the Thorong La pass via Manang. We have modified this route as it is basically the same as Annapurna Circuit, from Manang instead of taking the valley north to Tanki Manang and Yak Kharka this route goes to the main valley to the west passes through the Khangsar Village (The Last Village of Nepal) and trek up to Tilicho lake, then we trek back to Yak Kharka then up to pass of Thorong La at elevation of 5416 m. From the pass of Thorong La, the Tilicho Lake trekking lead down to Muktinath then to Jomsom. We take a jeep ride to Tatopani where we experience nature hot spring. We trek from Tatopani to Gorepani route and end our trek in Nayapul.
Food and Accommodation
- Teahouse accommodation during the Annapurna Circuit Trekking in Annapurna reigon.
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner is served at tea house during during Annapurna Trekking.
- 2 Nights accommodation in Kathmandu on Bed and Breakfast Basis
- 1 Nights accommodation in Pokhara on Bed and Breakfast Basis
- welcome or farewell dinner in Kathmandu
Best Time for Trekking to Annapurna Circuit Trekking
Spring Season - March, April and May
The weather is spring seson is warmer and the forest blossoms with flowers and you can see green trees on the track. Springtime starts from the month of March and ends in May. The trekking trail will probably be crowded with a lot of trekkers at this time of the year but tt is the best time to enjoy the beautiful mountain views and landscapes.
Summer Season - June, July and August
Summer season is different in Nepal as it rains a lot and also called monsoon season. You just have to be prepared and plan your trek according to the season you are trekking. The hilly regions are moist and wet at this time of the year so the trekking routes are likely to get muddy and slippery.
Since it rains a lot, there is less crowded dust when its not raining and trail are pretty slippery. We will get the best view of the green landscape. The weather is quite harsh as it is sunny in the daytime and can rain anytime.
Autumn Season - September, October and November
Autumn season is the best season to trek anywhere in Nepal including Annapurna Circuit Trek. The weather is warm in the daytime and quite chilly in mornings and evenings. The temperature might drop below freezing point up in the higher altitudes. The best time to trek in Nepal is in the autumn season and the best month is in October and November. The trekking is busy and crowded but the view is perfect ( white mountain and blue sky)compared to summer and spring season.
Difficulty Level of Annapurna Circuit Trek - Stenuous
Annapurna Circuit Trek is not considered to be a difficult trek but its is very adventurous trekking in Annapurna Regon. This trek is considered to be a moderate trek. Like Everest Base Camp Trek it is also demanding and the beautiful trek but with a bit of patience, Annapurna Circuit Trek is very enjoyable and achievable.
Trekking and hiking through the Mountain mean that there may be the adventure waiting for you at every step of your walk. Annapurna Circuit Trek is also a very adventurous and exciting journey for the adventure travelers and hikers and the difficulties and the challenging will be added until we reach our destination.
Highlights of Annapurna Circuit Trek with Tilicho Lake
- Crossing the highest Thorong La Pass at 5,416 metre.
- Discover the Highest lake in the world Tilicho Lake (4,910m).
- Spectacular views of Mt. Annapurna, Thorung Peak, Nilgiri, Chulu west and Chulu east, Tukuche Peak, Dhaulagiri, Lamjung Himal, Annapurna II, and Annapurna IV
- Relax at hot springs in Tatopani
- Magnificent lakes, glaciers, gorges and see blue sheeps at Yak Kharka.
- Visit Muktinath ,a sacred place for both Hindus and Buddhists
- Visit Temple, Stupa and Monasteryies
- Day 01: Drive from Kathmandu to Besisahar (760 m/ 2492 ft) and drive to Chamche (1430 m/4692 ft ) about 9 hrs drive.
- Day 02: Trek from Chamche to Dharapani (1,860m/6,430ft) about 7 - 8 hours walking.
- Day 03: Trek from Dharapani to Chame (2,610m/8,891ft) about 5 - 6 hours walking.
- Day 04: Trek from Chame to Pisang (3,200m/10824ft) walking distance about 5 - 6 hours
- Day 05: Trek from Pisang to Manang (3,540m/11,482ft) about 6 - 7 hours walking.
- Day 06: Acclimatization day in Manang
- Day 07: Manang to Siri Kharka (4060m/13,320ft) about 4-5 hours walking distance
- Day 08: Trek from Siri Kharka to Tilicho Base Camp (4150m/13,583ft) about 5-6 hours walking distance.
- Day 09: Visit Tilicho Lake (4,920m/16,138 ft) and trek back to Siri Kharka about 5-6 hours walking distance.
- Day 10: Trek from Siri kharka to Yak kharka (4060m/13,020ft) walking about 4-5 hours
- Day 11: Trek from Yak kharka to Thorang Phedi: (4525m/14501 ft) about 3-4 hours walking distance.
- Day 12: Thorong Phedi to Thorong La pass (5416 m/17764 ft) to Muktinath (3,800/12,467ft) about 7 - 8 hours
- Day 13: Drive from Muktinath to Tatopani (1,200m/3937 ft) about 7 hours
- Day 14: Tatopani to Ghorepani (2,850m/9,350ft) about 7 - 8 hours walk.
- Day 15: Hike to Poon Hill and Trek to Nayapul then drive to Pokhara about 5-6 hours walk and 1 hour drive.
- Day 16: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu about 5-6 hours drive.
- Day 17: Final departure or join another tour / trekking
- Local bus to Bensisaharfrom Kathmandu (private transportation can be arranged as per your request)
- Regular tourist bus from Pokhara- Kathmandu including guide and porters
- Transport from Nayapul to Pokhara (trekking ending point).
- 2 nights standard accommodation on bed and breakfast basis
- 1 night in Pokhara standard hotel on twin sharing, bed and breakfast basis
- local lodges accommodation during the trekking on twin sharing basis ( Bathroom outside )
- 3 Meals per day ( Breakfast, Lunch and dinner with tea / coffee )
- TIMS Card and Annapurna Conservation Area Permits
- 1 experienced and licensed trekking guide
- Porter to carry your bags ( 1 porter between two trekkers , porter carry max 20 KG )
- Insurance, wages and incentive for trekking staffs
- All daily wages, food allowance, accommodation, flights, transfers and insurance for trekking guide.
- All daily wages, equipment, transfers and insurance for porter
- Assistance in case of emergency (if required)
- Complementary Tuna and chocolate bars for high altitude passes).
- All applicable government taxes and Trekking Plus service charges
What's not included
- Extra Jeep from Bensisharto Syange if needed andJomsom to Tatopaniincluding with guide and porters
- Meals ( Lunch and dinner ) while you are in pokhara and Kathmandu
- All personal expenses like alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks, telephone calls, laundry services, hot shower etc.
- Medical and travel insurances
- Emergency helicopter rescue charges
- Tips, gratuities to guide and porters etc.
- All extra services if required (except motioned in 'The Price Include' section.
Travel Insurance is mandatory for all the clients who are going to participate in our Annapurna Base Camp Trek. We highly recommend a compressive travel insurance package to all our clients, the insurance must cover helicopter rescue and evacuation expense at Height altitude for the trekkers to Annapurna base camp, it will be assisted inadequate protection tour to cover personal injury, medical expenses, repatriation expenses, and any kind of illness will be covered. Trekking Plus kindly ask for any of our travelers to send the reliable travel insurance copy through the email once you book the trip with us. Your travel insurance must cover against personal accident, medical expenses, emergency repatriation, and personal liability.
Food and Accommodation
Breakfast, normally the breakfast serve around 7 am in the morning and walk start by 8 am, the walking will begin after the stretching and warm up before we move on every day, Our daily walk is Normally around 3-4 hours approximately but it depends on your level of physical fitness as well.
Lunch during the trek is usually held between 12-1 pm with 40-minute duration, the fresh and hygienic lunch will be typically taken from the menu which will serve as fast as possible with the cup of tea or coffee.
Dinner and lodge , Soon we arrive at our Mountain Ldoge, we might take some rest before we go to dinner and but our guide and porter will be glad to serve the cup of tea in your room while resting and we alert that for our dinner around 5-7 pm, rest of the time you may like to visit the places around or resting in the room. Basically room are basic on mountain standard. Accommodations during the trek in the mountains, basically you will be staying at basic trekking lodges where you will have a nice and clean room with the warm blankets, pillows, and comfortable matrices. Do not expect everything is the high level of standards in the mountain.
Physical Condition and Experience Requirements
Annapuran Base Camp Trek is a normal trekking of Annapurna region, it is possible to trek with a basic level of fitness, a good training plan prior to your Annapurna Base Camp trip will make that much more enjoyable. It doesn’t require any climbing skills. We have seen many different ages of travelers are completing this trek like old, young, overweight and underweight and they all are very much appreciated about the journey, as a non-technical trek that does not require crampons, walking poles, oxygen cylinders, ropes, and technical equipment. But our company will be provided the warm down jackets and sleeping bags if you do not have your own. A normal ABC trek is accessible to most trekkers who have some genus of fitness level and decent drive with a lot of stamina to last two weeks on the cold weather in the mountain.
Extra personal expenses on trekking
All your foods are included on the package (Lunch, Breakfast, and Dinner with hot drinks), the foods will be served as per package program and besides that cost will be extra if you extend the trip more than the schedule of our package. at last but not list, we would also like to suggest that to our client to carry some snacks like energy bars, snickers, waters, chocolates, cookies and personal belonging materials like passport, battery chargers, etc.