About Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Annapurna Base Camp trek is the best legendary and classical treks in nepal, offers the best Mountain View, give opportunity to experience the typical Nepali village, local people and their traditional lifestyle. Annapurna Base Camp route goes passing through spectacular and tranquil landscapes, charming Gurung and Magar villages, lush green Rhododendron, bamboo and alpine forests to the trip’s last and final destination, Annapurna Base Camp at the height of 4130m (13546ft.).
Annapurna Base Camp trek begins at Nayapul with one and half hours drive north of the pokhara city. This wonderful trek explores diverse ethnic groups and their interesting cultures, the local communities found here are Gurung, Magar, Thakali and we are warmly welcomed by these local tribes; blended with this is a glimpse of beautiful flora and fauna found in this area. Annapurna Base Camp trek itinerary presented here takes 12 days, starting from Nayapul oner drive from Pokhara) and going north up to Ghorepani and the famous viewpoint at Poon Hill. From Ghorepani you go eastward to Chomrong and then north again entering the Modi Kola Valley which leads up to the Base Camp. Many people trek the circuit Nayapul-Ghorepani-Ghandruk-Nayapul, which is very rewarding in itself. This trek can easily be done with children as well.
After Annapurna Base Camp, we revert back to Pokhara via Jhinu Danda & Pothana, on the way we haul up at Jhinu Danda to soak of the sweat of our bodies in the healthy hotsprings found there & then head back to Pokhara to chill out by the serene lake. On this trek, we bunk out in cozy teahouse lodges & enjoy the sumptuous apple pies found here. This is a ‘must do’ trek at least once in a lifetime.
Food and Accommodation
- Teahouse accommodation during the Annapurna Base Camp Trek
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner is served at tea house during the Annapurna Base Camp trek
- 3 Nights accommodation in Kathmandu on Bed and Breakfast Basis
- 2 Nights accommodation in Pokhara on Bed and Breakfast Basis
- welcome or farewell dinner in Kathmandu
Best Time for Trekking to Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Autumn season is considered as the best season for trekking in Annapurna Base Camp Trek. The weather could be unpredictable at the higher altitudes but, every season has its own beauty and uniqueness.
Spring Season - March, April and May
The weather is spring seson is warmer and the forest blossoms with flowers and you can see green trees on the track. Springtime starts from the month of March and ends in May. The trekking trail will probably be crowded with a lot of trekkers at this time of the year but tt is the best time to enjoy the beautiful mountain views and landscapes.
Summer Season - June, July and August
Summer season is different in Nepal as it rains a lot and also called monsoon season. Pokhara, the starting point to Annapurna Base Camp Trek, witnesses the most rainfall in the country. You just have to be prepared and plan your trek according to the season you are trekking. The hilly regions are moist and wet at this time of the year so the trekking routes are likely to get muddy and slippery.
Since it rains a lot, there is less crowded dust when its not raining and trail are pretty slippery. We will get the best view of the green landscape. The weather is quite harsh as it is sunny in the daytime and can rain anytime.
Autumn Season - September, October and November
Autumn season is the best season to trek anywhere in Nepal including Annapurna Base Camp Trek. The weather is warm in the daytime and quite chilly in mornings and evenings. The temperature might drop below freezing point up in the higher altitudes. The best time to trek in Nepal is in the autumn season and the best month is in October and November. The trekking is busy and crowded but the view is perfect ( white mountain and blue sky)compared to summer and spring season.
Difficulty Level of Annapurna Base Camp - Moderate
Annapurna Base Camp Trek is not considered to be a difficult trek but its is very adventurous trekking in Annapurna Regon. This trek is considered to be a moderate trek. Like Everest Base Camp Trek it is also demanding and the beautiful trek but with a bit of patience, Annapurna Base Camp Trek is very enjoyable and achievable.
Trekking and hiking through the Mountain mean that there may be the adventure waiting for you at every step of your walk. Annapurna Base Camp trek is also a very adventurous and exciting journey for the adventure travelers and hikers and the difficulties and the challenging will be added until we reach our destination
Highlights of Annapurna Base Camp Trek
- Sightseeing tour around the historical UNESCO world heritage sites in Kathmandu valley and also in pokhara.
- Experience ancient Gurung and Magar villages, culture and their lifestyle
- Poon Hill the greatest sunrise viewpoint on the top of Himalaya.
- Nature hot springs in Jhinu Danda
- Splendid views of Dhaulagiri, Himchuli, Mt Fishtail and Annapurna and glacier and other mountains views from Annapurna Base Camp
- Annapurna base camp (4130M) and Machhapuchare Base Camp.
- Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu (1,300m/4,264ft)
- Day 02: Full day Kathmandu valley sightseeing
- Day 03: Kathmandu – Pokhara (910m/2,986ft), 25 min flight
- Day 04: Pokhara – Nayapul – Ghandruk (1,950m/6,398ft), 1½hr drive, ~10km, 5-6 hrs trek
- Day 05: Ghandruk – Chhomrong (2,210m/7,249ft), ~10km, 5-6 hrs
- Day 06: Chhomrong – Himalaya Hotel (2,920m/9,578ft), ~12km, 6-7 hrs
- Day 07: Himalaya Hotel – Annapurna Base Camp (4,130m/13,546ft), ~10km, 6-7 hrs
- Day 08: Annapurna Base Camp – Sinuwa (2,360m/7,740ft), ~15km, 6-7 hrs
- Day 09: Sinuwa – Jhinu Danda (1,780m/5,859ft) – Landruk (1,565m/5,133ft), ~12km, 6-7 hrs
- Day 10: Landruk – Phedi – Pokhara (910m/2,986ft), 5-6 hrs, ~10km, 22km, 40 min drive
- Day 11: Pokhara-Kathmandu by Tourist Bus (6-7 hrs), 220km
- Day 12: Final Departure
- Airport pick up and drop off.
- Regular tourist bus to Kathmandu- Pokhara- Kathmandu ( we can arrange private transport as per group size as you requested)
- Transport to and from trekking starting point.
- 2 nights standard hotel in Pokhara on twin sharing with breakfast basis.
- 10 nights in local lodges during the trekking on twin sharing basis.
- 2 breakfast at pokhara at hotel.
- 3 meals a day during the trekking (breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with tea or coffee ) during the trek
- Lodge accommodations in trekking on twin sharing (bathroom will be outside)
- TIMS Fees and annapurna Conservation Area Permits
- Trekking Plus expert experienced guide.
- Porters (one porter per two persons is provided to carry the clients personal effects)
- Food, insurance, wages, equipment for our field staff.
- Farewell dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant before departure.
What's not included
- Nepal entry visa.
- Personal equipment.
- All items of personal nature (such as alcoholic beverages, soft drinks, mineral water, monuments, postage, laundry,)
- Travel insurance ( You need to have your insurance compulsory )
- Tips for tour staff and driver. (Tipping is expected)
- All optional tours or activities during your free time .
- All other services not included in the “cost includes" section above.
Travel Insurance is mandatory for all the clients who are going to participate in our Annapurna Base Camp Trek. We highly recommend a compressive travel insurance package to all our clients, the insurance must cover helicopter rescue and evacuation expense at Height altitude for the trekkers to Annapurna base camp, it will be assisted inadequate protection tour to cover personal injury, medical expenses, repatriation expenses, and any kind of illness will be covered. Trekking Plus kindly ask for any of our travelers to send the reliable travel insurance copy through the email once you book the trip with us. Your travel insurance must cover against personal accident, medical expenses, emergency repatriation, and personal liability.
Food and Accommodation
Breakfast, normally the breakfast serve around 7 am in the morning and walk start by 8 am, the walking will begin after the stretching and warm up before we move on every day, Our daily walk is Normally around 3-4 hours approximately but it depends on your level of physical fitness as well.
Lunch during the trek is usually held between 12-1 pm with 40-minute duration, the fresh and hygienic lunch will be typically taken from the menu which will serve as fast as possible with the cup of tea or coffee.
Dinner and lodge , Soon we arrive at our Mountain Ldoge, we might take some rest before we go to dinner and but our guide and porter will be glad to serve the cup of tea in your room while resting and we alert that for our dinner around 5-7 pm, rest of the time you may like to visit the places around or resting in the room. Basically room are basic on mountain standard. Accommodations during the trek in the mountains, basically you will be staying at basic trekking lodges where you will have a nice and clean room with the warm blankets, pillows, and comfortable matrices. Do not expect everything is the high level of standards in the mountain.
Physical Condition and Experience Requirements
Annapuran Base Camp Trek is a normal trekking of Annapurna region, it is possible to trek with a basic level of fitness, a good training plan prior to your Annapurna Base Camp trip will make that much more enjoyable. It doesn’t require any climbing skills. We have seen many different ages of travelers are completing this trek like old, young, overweight and underweight and they all are very much appreciated about the journey, as a non-technical trek that does not require crampons, walking poles, oxygen cylinders, ropes, and technical equipment. But our company will be provided the warm down jackets and sleeping bags if you do not have your own. A normal ABC trek is accessible to most trekkers who have some genus of fitness level and decent drive with a lot of stamina to last two weeks on the cold weather in the mountain.
Extra personal expenses on trekking
All your foods are included on the package (Lunch, Breakfast, and Dinner with hot drinks), the foods will be served as per package program and besides that cost will be extra if you extend the trip more than the schedule of our package. at last but not list, we would also like to suggest that to our client to carry some snacks like energy bars, snickers, waters, chocolates, cookies and personal belonging materials like passport, battery chargers, etc.